AT&T Invests Nearly $5 Billion in Georgia
In Georgia, we invested nearly $5.0 billion in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Georgia are impacted by this investment, including:
- More than $1.9 billion in the Atlanta, Sandy Springs and Marietta areas
- More than $200 million Augusta-Richmond County area
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet.
“At AT&T, connecting people is core to our mission. For more than 140 years, AT&T has invested in Georgia to help people live, learn, work and succeed,” said Venessa Harrison, president, AT&T Southeast Coastal States. “We believe that everyone should be connected to the future, and we are committed to bringing broadband connectivity and economic opportunity to all Georgians through our investments in the state.”
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Georgia to expand access to fast and reliable internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
“In Georgia, we’ve been working hard to increase broadband access in communities all across our state, because in today’s 21st century economy, connectivity is essential to attracting new jobs, providing educational opportunities, and supporting critical public services,” said Governor Brian Kemp. “Georgians benefit when the public and private sector coordinate on efforts like this, and AT&T’s commitment and investment in the Peach State is helping close the digital divide and providing Georgians with the resources they need to thrive.”
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network—from fiber to 5G and FirstNet.
- Affordability with Access from AT&T: AT&T is dedicated to making home internet more affordable for low-income households through its Access from AT&Tprogram, which now provides new internet plans with up to 100 Mbps for $30 a month.1 When eligible households apply the Affordable Connectivity Program’s (ACP) federal benefit of up to $30/month (or up to $75/month on qualifying Tribal lands) to their Access from AT&T plan, they can get their internet for free.2
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network3. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people in more than 18,000 cities nationwide.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide including Atlanta and Savannah.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Georgia with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 180 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Article courtesy of Metro Atlanta CEO, published July 5, 2022.